Business Insurance in Odon and Loogootee, IN
Business insurance, also called commercial business insurance or commercial insurance, is insurance coverage designed to cover a business, including its employees and ownership. There are a wide variety of different types of business insurance available.
Having the right commercial insurance policies is a significant component of a comprehensive risk management strategy that can help protect your business’s finances. Our agency is here to help you with all of your business insurance needs. Call The Insurance Shop Inc today to learn more or to get a free, no-obligation quote.
Business Insurance Policies
Every business’s insurance needs vary and may be influenced by company size, location, number of employees and industry. A few standard policies businesses may carry include the following:
- General liability insurance—A policy can provide coverage for claims of bodily injury or other physical injuries, personal injury (libel or slander), advertising injury and property damage. It can be offered as a package policy with other coverages such as property, crime, automobile and more.
- Business property insurance—Also called commercial property insurance, this coverage helps pay for damages to your company’s equipment and property after a covered accident or incident.
- Business interruption insurance—If your business must shut down or cease operations due to a covered incident, this coverage can help replace lost income and pay for extra expenses incurred during the shutdown.
- Commercial auto insurance—If your company has vehicles, you will likely need to secure a commercial auto insurance policy to properly insure any fleet members or employees who are drivers for your organization.
- Professional liability insurance—This type of policy provides coverage if anyone makes a claim of negligence, misrepresentation or inaccurate advice against your business.
- Workers’ compensation insurance—This coverage can help employees who become injured or ill due to a work-related incident receive replacement income, medical benefits and other financial assistance if they cannot work. Most states require that employers carry workers’ compensation insurance.
Depending on your business and industry, you may need to purchase other insurance policies for proper coverage. Contact The Insurance Shop Inc today to discuss your insurance needs.
As a farm owner, you face numerous risks that could damage your valuable assets or create financial hardship for your operations. Securing a comprehensive insurance portfolio can help protect your business and property. Contact our agency today to learn more about your farm insurance options.
What Does Farm Insurance Include?
There are many insurance options for farm owners. These include the following:
- Farm liability insurance—If your farm operations cause bodily injuries or property damage to others, this coverage may help you compensate them for their losses (e.g., medical bills). It may also help pay for legal fees that arise from these claims.
- Farm structures insurance—Structures and outbuildings, such as barns, silos and sheds, may be a vital part of your operations. This coverage may provide protection if they are damaged by covered events such as fires, lightning or windstorms.
- Farm dwelling insurance—If you live on your farm, this coverage may protect the structure of your house if it is damaged by a covered peril.
- Farm equipment and tractor insurance—Tractors, combines and other farm equipment, such as pumps, sprayers and planters, are valuable assets vital to many farming operations. This coverage may help pay for repair or replacement costs if they are damaged by a covered cause of loss.
- Crop insurance—This coverage may help replace lost income if your crops are damaged by covered perils.
- Farm livestock insurance—For operations with livestock, animal loss could present a significant risk to your operations. This coverage may help mitigate those risks by providing coverage if your livestock is lost due to covered events, such as loading or unloading accidents or severe weather.
- Equine insurance—If you own horses, this coverage may provide injury or mortality protection for them.
- Workers’ compensation insurance—If you hire full- or part-time employees, workers’ compensation may provide funds for medical expenses or supplemental income if work-related injuries or illnesses keep them from working.
Other coverage options may be available, and plans can generally be customized to meet your specific needs. Contact your agent for details regarding available policies, exclusions and limits.
How to Get Business or Farm Insurance
If you need business insurance solutions, we’re here to help. Give The Insurance Shop Inc a call today to get started.